The Bunda-La is an ex-pilot boat which was used along the Queensland coast. It was built on the Brisbane River in 1958 and had almost 25 years of working life until 1982 when it was then sold into private ownership.
Further information on this vessel can be found on the Australian Register of Historic Vessels website.
The Bunda-La was purchased in 1985 by Vick and June Venn and was used as a fishing boat. It was donated to the Village in January 2011 by Vick and June and since that time, Horrie Hunt and his dedicated team, have been spending many hours working on the restoration. When completed it will become part of the Maritime Museum.
The Village applies for grants to help fund the restoration and the following applications have been successful:
Anyone wishing to help with the project, or donate much-needed funds, please make contact with the Village or the Secretary of the Historical Society. All donations will be most welcomed.
Don’t forget to check out the special Facebook page – Restoring Bunda-la. A number of photos of the restoration process have been taken from this page.