The Caboolture Historical Village is situated on 4 hectares (about 12 acres) of land just north of Caboolture town centre on the old Bruce Highway. It is listed as the Number One Tourist destination in the region on TripAdvisor.
Outside the museum sits the tender lifeboat from the “Steinhauk”, a ship with a colourful past.
The ship was built in Brake, Germany in 1958 and named “Steinhauk”. The ship went through a number of name changes:
As the “Island Trader” her superstructure was changed and she was engaged to carry timber. It is believed she was the last ship to carry logs from Fraser Island, Queensland when logging was discontinued.