The Society commenced operation in 1957 and on the 10th December 2017 the Society celebrates its 60th Anniversary. The Society was responsible for the creation of the Caboolture Historical Village, which is the Number One Tourist destination in the region.
The aim of the Society is to collect, preserve, record and tabulate any items of historical interest, particularly those of the Caboolture area.
The Society operates the Village which is on 12 acres, some 2 kms north of Caboolture on Beerburrum Road. On the property are over 70 buildings – many former homes or properties from the Caboolture area, and over 110,000 items.
If you would like to be a member, please download and complete the Society’s 2018 Application for Ordinary Membership. The membership fee for 2018 is $20 (January 1st – December 31st).
Once completed, please return the form together with fee to
Membership is conditional upon approval of the Management Committee during a monthly management meeting, as per the Caboolture Historical Society’s constitution.
The Management Committee meets monthly while General Meetings are held every three months. Meeting dates for 2018 to be advised.
Meetings are held at 9am in the Greg Chippendale Room in the Village. Members and non-members are invited to volunteer within the Village.
Frank Sampson (President)
E J Connolly (Secretary/Treasurer)
Norm Litherland (Vice President)
Irwin Mewett (Vice President)
J M Newman (Patron)
George Duncan (Hon. Librarian)
H L Schultz (Hon. Auditor)
Mr Amos (Hon. Solicitor)
Geo Boustead (Councillor)
Mrs Esme Sampson
Mrs M. Seeney
E M Stopford (RSSAILA)
T Gillespie (Rotary)
M Duncombe (Narangba Progress Association)
Mr and Mrs H.D. Garrad
D Johnston (Glasshouse Mtns)
S A Smith (War Vets Home)
V S Smith (Near North Coast News)